Article 1 (Purpose)
UNIZO Hotel Company, Limited (hereinafter "the Company") shall operate a membership system called the UNIZO Hotel Membership Program (hereinafter "the Program") in which customers who stay at any of the UNIZO Group's hotels (hereinafter "the Hotels") are awarded points prescribed by the Company based on payment for the cost of accommodation, and are entitled to receive benefits prescribed by the Company (hereinafter "Benefits") based on the total number of relevant awarded points and the number of nights stayed over a one-year period. Customers may receive Benefits by enrolling in the Program.
Article 2 (Terms and Conditions)
The terms and conditions for members of the UNIZO Hotel Membership Program (hereinafter "the Terms and Conditions") provides for necessary matters concerning the administration of the Program, and shall be applied to the Company, the Hotels, the Program, and the UNIZO Hotel Membership Program members (hereinafter "Member").
Article 3 (Qualification for Enrollment)
"Member" refers to individual customers who have accepted the Terms and Conditions, and have enrolled after completing the prescribed procedures. However, if one or more of any of the items listed below applies to the prospective Member, such person may not enroll. In such cases where application is rejected, the Company is not obligated to disclose the reason therein.
- Cases where the customer has, at the time of enrollment or at some time in the past, failed to make payment or delayed payment for the cost of accommodation or other charges at the Hotels, leading the Company to judge that enrollment would be inappropriate.
- Cases where, in the past, the customer caused a disturbance at the Hotels due to a failure to abide by the general conditions or rules of usage of the Hotels, or caused harm to the reputation of the Hotels, or caused problems or detriment to the Hotel or a third party, leading the Company to judge that enrollment would be inappropriate.
- Cases where the customer is an organized crime group, a member of an organized crime group, an associate member of an organized crime group, a member of a corporation related to an organized crime group, a corporate extortionist or the like, a racketeer who professes to support social movements, a member of an organized criminal syndicate, or a person that is equivalent to any of the aforementioned (hereinafter "a Gangster or the like"), or the Company judges that there is the possibility that the person is a Gangster or the like.
- Any other cases where the Company judges that the person does not qualify to be a Member of the Program.
Article 4 (Enrollment Procedures and Membership Types)
Customers staying at the Hotels who wish to enroll in the Program may apply at the front desk by filling in the required information on the application prescribed by the Company. The Company shall issue a certificate of membership (hereinafter "Membership Card") and lend it to the member. The membership types are General Membership and Ladies' Membership. In principle, female customers are enrolled into Ladies' Membership, but female customers who so desire may also be enrolled into General Membership.
Article 5 (Lending of the Membership Card and its Use)
- The Company shall issue one Membership Card for each Member, and lend it to that Member. The Membership Card is for the sole use of the Member who received the issued Membership Card.
- Immediately after being lent the Membership Card, the Member shall affix his or her signature in the appropriate space on the Membership Card. A Membership Card without a signature may not be used.
- The Membership Card must be presented when making use of Benefits of the Program. If the Member is not in possession of the Membership Card on the day of a stay, the front desk should be informed of this. The Member can make use of Benefits by presenting a driver's license, health insurance card, passport, Individual Number Card, residence card, Special Permanent Resident Certificate, National Pension Handbook, or Maternal and Child Health Handbook (hereinafter "Identity Verification Document"), to verify his or her identity.
- The Membership Card can be used as the room key during a Member's stay (excluding some Hotels).
- The Member shall engage in the use, safekeeping, and management of the Membership Card with the due care of a prudent manager.
- The Member may not transfer or lend the Membership Card (including the position as a Member and any or all of the rights and obligations associated with being a Member) to another person, or purchase it from another person, or pawn it, or use it as collateral.
- If the Member is in violation of the two preceding items, with regard to the use, safekeeping, and management of the Membership Card, resulting in the fraudulent use of the Membership Card, the Member shall be wholly responsible for the results of such use of the Membership Card.
Article 6 (Enrollment Fee, Annual Membership Fee)
There shall be no enrollment fee or annual membership fee.
Article 7 (Changes to the Terms and Conditions and Benefits)
The Terms and Conditions or Benefits might, without advance notice, undergo changes, revisions, or discontinuation, due to such reasons as changes to the management conditions of the Program or economic situation. Should that happen, unless notification stipulating particular handling is provided to Members by the Company, the position as a Member or the rights and obligations associated with being a Member shall be forfeited. The Member shall agree beforehand to this condition. The most recent information shall be made available on the website of the Company.
Article 8 (Cancellation and Loss of Membership)
Should any of the items described below apply to a Member, the Company may cancel the membership. In such an event, notification of cancellation shall not be made to the relevant Member. The Member whose membership has been cancelled shall lose all the Benefits as a Member, and will also thereafter become unable to receive the Benefits stipulated in the Terms and Conditions. In the event damages are incurred to a Member or a third party as a result of the cancellation, the Company shall bear no responsibility whatsoever from the results of the application of this Article. Moreover, the Company is under no obligation to disclose the reasons for its judgment.
- Cases of one or more of the items in Article 3 applying to the Member have been discovered.
- The Member has failed to make payment or delayed payment for the cost of accommodation or other charges at the Hotels.
- The Member has caused a disturbance at the Hotels due to a failure to abide by the general conditions or rules of usage of the Hotels, or has caused harm to the reputation of the Hotels, or has caused trouble or loss to the Hotels or a third party.
- The Member has engaged in actions against public order and decency, or has violated laws and regulations, or has committed an act that obstructs the operation of the Hotels.
- Cases of forgery, alteration, or fraudulent use of the Membership Card have been discovered.
- Declarations that were made at the time of enrollment were discovered to be false.
- The Member himself or herself has asked to withdraw from the Program.
- The Member himself or herself is deceased (including cases where notification thereof is received from family members or relatives).
- The contact information, including address and telephone number, is unconfirmed.
- Operation of the Program has come to an end.
- Any other cases where the Company judges that the person does not qualify to be a Member of the Program.
Article 9 (Prohibition of Multiple Memberships)
Membership registration is limited to one registration for each Member. Multiple enrollments in the Program are not permitted. Should it be ascertained that a Member has carried out multiple membership registrations and received multiple Membership Cards, the Company is entitled to make, at its own discretion, any one registration valid and invalidate the other registrations. Any awarded points or the number of nights stayed for the year (hereinafter "Points") accumulated on the multiple Membership Cards may not be combined. In addition, Points may not be transferred, shared, or combined between Members.
Article 10 (Reissuance of Membership Card)
Should a Membership Card of the Program be lost or damaged, the Member shall promptly inform the Hotels. A new Membership Card shall be issued upon the payment of a 300 yen fee (including consumption tax). Any awarded Points will be deemed valid and carried over to the New Membership Card only if the Member can verify his or her identity by presenting an Identity Verification Document at the time of inquiry. (Should it not be possible to confirm the identity of the Member, all Points shall be invalidated.) Moreover, should any damage occur as a result of such causes as loss or theft of the Membership Card, the Company shall bear no responsibility whatsoever. Should the old Membership Card be found after a new Membership Card has been reissued due to such causes as loss or theft, the Member shall promptly return the old Membership Card to the Hotels.
Article 11 (Changes in Registered Information)
If any changes arise related to the data registered by the Member, the Member shall report without delay the information that has changed. This can be done at the Hotels or on the Members' Page on the website of the Company. The Company shall bear no responsibility whatsoever for information not being received or being received late by the Member, or other adverse effects, as a result of the failure of the Member to complete the procedures for making changes.
Article 12 (Withdrawal from the Program)
Should the Member wish to withdraw from the Program, the Member shall complete the procedures at the Hotel and return the Membership Card. The Points that have been awarded shall become invalid upon completion of the procedures to withdraw from the Program.
Article 13 (Benefits)
1. Awarding and usage of points
- Awarding of points
- Points are awarded when the Membership Card is presented by the Member himself or herself when checking in for a stay at the Hotels, and the Member himself or herself pays for the stay using cash or a credit card. If the Membership Card is not presented (with the exception of the case described in Article 5 item 3 of the Terms and Conditions), or if a reservation does not result in an actual stay, points will not be awarded. Points for a stay shall be awarded no later than two days after the check-out date of the stay.
- Points shall be awarded for the cost of accomodation for one room for each night of the stay made by the Member himself or herself. In cases where the Member makes reservations for multiple people, points shall be awarded only for the room in which the Member himself or herself stays. In cases where multiple Members are staying in one room, points shall be awarded, in principle, to the Member who made the reservation. Points cannot be divided when being awarded.
- In cases where there is no charge for the stay, or cases where points from Benefits or points from an outside hotel reservation website are used to pay for the cost of accommodation, the portion of the cost covered by this use of points is not eligible for the awarding of new points.
- Eligible amount of money for which points will be awarded
Within the total cost of a stay, the amount for the room charge is eligible for the awarding of points. Points will not be awarded for charges for breakfast, telephone usage, VOD usage, laundry or dry cleaning. Furthermore, the amount of various taxes such as consumption tax, accommodation tax, and hot spring tax, as well as any service charges, are not eligible for the awarding of points.
- Reservations for which points will be awarded and number of points
- For reservations made through the Members' Page on the Company's website via the Internet or the same website via mobile phone, four points shall be awarded for every 100 yen of the cost of accommodation, rounded down to the nearest yen.
- Usage of points
- To use the points, it is necessary for the Member himself or herself to present his or her Membership Card. Usage of the points is limited to the use of the Benefits of the Member himself or herself.
- The points may be used for payment that is prescribed by the Company, such as for the room charge, breakfast, etc. However, the use of points for charges other than the room charge is limited to the period starting from check-in on the day of the stay until check-out.
- Each time points are to be used, the relevant Member must have a balance of at least 1000 points. Points can be used starting from 1000 points in one-point increments. One point can be used for payment of one yen. The portion of the cost of accommodation that is covered by the use of points is not eligible for the awarding of new points for that amount. Moreover, no change shall be provided.
- Points cannot be converted into cash.
- Once points have been used, those points cannot be returned.
- If there are no new stays during the period starting from the check-out date of the last stay at the Hotels until the end of the same month two years later, the awarded points shall be invalidated at the end of that month (stays in this case refer to stays that are eligible for the awarding of points).
- (Ex. 1)
- In the case of a stay at the Hotels, where check-out takes place on March 31, 2019, and there is no new stay thereafter at the Hotels, the points shall be invalidated at the end of March 2021.
- (Ex. 2)
- In the case of a stay at the Hotels, where check-out takes place on April 1, 2019, and there is no new stay thereafter at the Hotels, the points shall be invalidated at the end of April 2021.
2. Membership Status and Status Benefits
- Membership Status
- Membership Status is determined by the number of nights stayed at the Hotels over the course of one year, from January 1 to December 31, every year. Members who have just enrolled in the Program or Members who have not met the criteria for the number of nights stayed to earn any status benefits are categorized as having General Membership. For status benefits, a Member who stays 10 nights or more within the relevant one year period of time is categorized as having Gold Membership, and a Member who stays 30 nights or more in one year is categorized as having Diamond Membership. A female customer who has Ladies' Membership (which has the same status as General Membership) is categorized as having Ladies' Gold Membership and Ladies' Diamond Membership, respectively, for meeting the criteria mentioned above. Services are provided for a one-year period starting the following year on January 1 and ending on December 31.
- For the count of nights stayed, all nights stayed are eligible, regardless of whether or not points were used for the stay. One night stayed is earned for each night stayed in one room, and the number of nights stayed is earned in units of whole numbers (the number of nights earned cannot be divided, even for stays by multiple Members).
- If the Member achieves the number of nights stayed required for receiving status benefits within the period of time mentioned above in item A, the raising of the membership status shall be moved forward and take effect from around the 10th of the following month.
- (Ex. 1)
- In the case where 10 nights stayed is achieved on March 10, 2019, services offered for Gold Membership status shall become available from the following month, around April 10, until December 31, 2020.
- (Ex. 2)
- In the case where 30 nights stayed is achieved on December 15, 2019, services offered for Diamond Membership status shall become available from around January 10 of the following year, until December 31, 2020.
- Contents of Status Benefits
- General Membership
- Four points shall be awarded for every 100 yen paid for the cost of accommodation. In the case of a stay in a Ladies' room, five points shall be awarded for every 100 yen.
- Quick check-in (all that is needed is the signature on the guest registration card at the time of check-in).
- Early check-in (at hotels where the standard check-in time is 2:00 pm, subject to availability, it is possible to check in from 1:00 pm without any additional charge).
- Late check-out (at hotels where the standard check-out time is 11:00 am, subject to availability, it is possible to extend check-out time until 12:00 pm without any additional charge).
- Discounts are offered on the price of merchandise.
- For Ladies' Membership, the following service is offered in addition to the services described in item A.
- For a stay in a Ladies' room, a 200-yen discount is applied for each night of the stay to the room rate on the Members' Page on the Company's website.
- For Gold Membership, the following services are offered in addition to the services described in item A.
- A bonus of an additional one point is offered for each 100 yen of the cost of accommodation (a total of five points awarded for each 100 yen; six points awarded for a stay in a Ladies' room).
- For Ladies' Gold Membership, the following service is offered in addition to the services described in item C.
- For a stay in a Ladies' room, a 500-yen discount is applied for each night of the stay to the room rate on the Members' Page on the Company's website.
- For Diamond Membership, the following services are offered in addition to the services described in item A.
- A bonus of an additional two points is offered for each 100 yen of the cost of accommodation (a total of six points awarded for each 100 yen; seven points awarded for a stay in a Ladies' room).
- Free room upgrade (subject to availability, a single room can be upgraded at no additional charge to a semi-double room or a double room; in the case of two guests staying in a room, a double room can be upgraded at no additional charge to a twin room).
- For Ladies' Diamond Membership, the following service is offered in addition to the services described in item E.
- For a stay in a Ladies' room, a 1,000-yen discount is applied for each night of the stay to the room rate on the Members' Page on the Company's website.
- General Membership
3. Offers for Special Members
There are cases where the Company may offer services and information exclusively to designated Members, based on the number of stays at the Hotels, the area where the Member resides, or other conditions.
4. Number of points, number of nights stayed, and membership status
This information can be confirmed via the Members' Page on the Company's website. It is necessary to register an e-mail address and a password in order to view the Members' Page.
Article 14 (Handling Personal Information)
UNIZO Hotel Company, Limited (hereinafter "the Company") shall handle with utmost care the customer's personal information, which is provided by the customer when using a HOTEL UNIZO, UNIZO INN, or UNIZO INN Express location, and make every possible effort to protect personal information as stipulated in the Personal Information Protection Policy described below.
- Protecting personal information
The Company's fundamental policy for personal information (personal information refers to information concerning an individual that can identify that individual by name, date of birth, or other description included in the relevant information) is to correctly and appropriately handle personal information based on the purpose of use and within the scope necessary for carrying out business operations. The Company shall observe the laws and regulations, guidelines established by the government, and other standards that apply to the personal information of customers, in addition to executing, appropriately reviewing, and improving the abovementioned efforts.
- Personal information shall be collected using appropriate methods.
- Personal information shall not be used other than for the specified purpose.
- The Company shall appoint a manager responsible for the management of personal information at each division or department that uses personal information, and the manager shall take responsibility for carrying out each of the items in this Personal Information Protection Policy. The Company shall carry out strict management and safekeeping of personal information through employee training and other efforts.
- If a customer wishes to inquire about, revise, or take some other action regarding his or her personal information, efforts shall be made to a reasonable extent to respond to the request, once the identity of the customer has been verified.
- Collecting personal information
In order to ensure the smooth operation of its services, the Company may obtain the personal information of customers. The Company shall employ proper and lawful methods to obtain the personal information of customers to the extent necessary for carrying out its business.
- Purpose of using personal information
Personal information provided by customers is used solely for the purposes described below. The Company shall not use the personal information of any customer for purposes other than to achieve the purposes described below, unless prior consent is given by the customer, or the usage is permitted under the law.
- For the purpose of managing the operations of HOTEL UNIZO, UNIZO INN, and UNIZO INN Express.
- For the purpose of managing fundamental data in order to carry out reservation functions.
- For the purpose of collating and analyzing information in order to improve and enhance services and products, and for use as marketing data.
- For the purpose of sending direct mail or e-mail to customers regarding the Company's services, as well as the products and services of business partners.
- For the purpose of contacting customers when necessary by the Company.
- For the purpose of providing UNIZO Holdings Company, Limited with the personal information (name and address) of customers who have used shareholder benefit tickets of UNIZO Holdings Company, Limited, so that the usage status of the shareholder benefit tickets can be confirmed.
- Providing personal information to third parties
- With the exception of the cases described below, the personal data of customers shall not be provided to third parties.
- In cases where the customer has given consent.
- In cases where disclosure is required by laws and regulations.
- In cases where it is necessary for the protection of human life, physical body, or properties of the customer, the Company, a third party, etc.
- In cases where it is particularly necessary for improving public health and hygiene or for promoting the sound rearing and nurturing of children.
- In cases where there is a request for disclosure under the law by a government body, such as the police or the court.
- In cases where personal information is provided to a company commissioned to handle personal information, within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of usage.
- In cases where, as stipulated in II. below, personal information is provided to UNIZO Holdings Company, Limited for joint usage.
- In any other cases where there is a critical and urgent need concerning the customer, the Company, or a third party.
- In order for the joint user described in (a) below to engage in the joint usage described in (b) below, the Company shall jointly use the items described in (c) below. With regard to joint usage, the party described in (d) below shall have the responsibility for managing the personal data that is jointly used.
- (a) Joint user
- UNIZO Holdings Company, Limited
- (b) Purpose of usage
- UNIZO Holdings Company, Limited uses the personal information of customers to check the names of users of shareholder benefit tickets against the names on the shareholders list, or to check the usage status of the shareholder benefit tickets, or to check the usage status of HOTEL UNIZO, UNIZO INN, and UNIZO INN Express locations. The purpose of the usage of personal information by the Company is described in the abovementioned "3. Purpose of using personal information."
- (c) Items of personal data that are jointly used
- Name and address of customers
- (d) Party with responsibility for managing personal data that is jointly used
- UNIZO Hotel Company, Limited
- With the exception of the cases described below, the personal data of customers shall not be provided to third parties.
- Managing personal information
- Personal information of the customer may be stored as a record of services provided that the customer applied to receive.
- At the Company, employees are given thorough training with regard to managing the personal information of customers, and efforts are made to strengthen security to prevent such problems as data leaks, improper access, loss, destruction, or falsification of the information.
- Disclosure, correction, and deletion of personal information and complaints regarding personal information
Should a customer himself or herself wish to disclose, correct, or delete his or her personal information, or should there be any inquiries, feedback, or complaints regarding the personal information of a customer, such customer is to call the inquiry desk at the telephone number indicated below.
[For inquiries] UNIZO Hotel Company, Limited TEL: +81(3) 6779-9184
Article 15 (Indemnification)
- The Company shall bear no responsibility whatsoever for detriment or damage to the Member or a third party due to system failure arising from such natural calamities as fire, earthquake, or power outage, as well as other causes, or due to failure in system maintenance, telecommunication lines, or other business-related operations.
- When access is made to the Members' Page on the Company's website for the purpose of making reservations or using the Benefits, and through methods undertaken by the Company it is confirmed that the Member's ID and password are a match for that access, it shall be assumed that the use is by the Member himself or herself. If the Members' Page is used by a third party, who is someone other than the Member himself or herself, resulting from theft, unauthorized use, or other circumstances, the Company shall bear no responsibility whatsoever for any damages that may occur because of such circumstances.
- In cases where changes have occurred to data registered for a Member and those changes have not been reported, and Benefits cannot be provided because of this, the Company shall bear no responsibility whatsoever for any other damages that may occur because of such circumstances.
Article 16 (Language)
The Terms and Conditions have been drawn up in the Japanese language. Even if translations of the Terms and Conditions into languages other than Japanese are prepared, the Japanese version shall prevail as the Terms and Conditions.
Article 17 (Applicable Laws and Court of Jurisdiction)
The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Japan, and any dispute arising in connection with the Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court in the first instance.
Article 18 (Additional Clause)
This Program shall begin operation on Feburary 1, 2019.